FAQ Potential Providers


What are the requirements?

We require a Security Clearance, Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check. All providers are required to have a current Child/Infant CPR First Aid Certificate. If you live in an apartment, you must be on the ground floor. You can still apply to become a dayhome provider prior to completing your security clearance and intervention checks, however you will need to get them before your approval process.

Do I need an education to become a Dayhome Provider?

It is an asset if you have your Child Care Assistant, Child Care Worker or Child Care Supervisor Certification, however we will still consider applicants who do not have any childcare certifications. If you do become a provider through our agency, you are required to complete your Child Care Assistant course (formerly Level 1). This can be completed through in-home study in the comfort of your own home.

How much will I make?

As an approved dayhome provider, you are considered self-employed and able to set your own rates and the agency will add a standard administrative fee on top of your rate. Because we are an accredited family dayhome agency, providers are eligible to qualify for provider support funding based on your level of education. This funding is added over and above your monthly rate. Please see the "What are the Benefits" section for more info.

How many children can I care for and what are the ratios?

You can have up to six children (aged 12 and under) including your own children. As an approved Dayhome Provider you will be required by the government to follow age ratio guidelines. You can have two children under the age of 2 or three children under the age of 3.

Can I run my dayhome if I rent my home?

Yes, however we will require written permission from your landlord.

Can my friend/husband/sister/daughter etc. run my dayhome with me?

Only one person can be contracted with the agency. Your friend/husband/sister/daughter, etc can apply to become a substitute caregiver for situations where you are unable to care for the children. Contact the agency for more information on how to apply to become a substitute caregiver.

What are the benefits of opening my dayhome through your agency?

-The agency will handle all financial matters including collecting payments from families, claiming for provider support funding and infant incentive, etc. so you can concentrate on running your dayhome.

-We refer families to your dayhome. Our agency advertises on Google, Kijiji, Facebook, Twitter and other directories and websites.

-Families who register can access childcare subsidy if they qualify.

-You will receive a dedicated consultant with education and experience in early learning and child care to mentor and guide you.

-By working through our accredited agency, you are eligible to receive provider support funding based on your certification (up to a maximum of 181 hours per month):

Child Care Assistant - $2.14/hour
Child Care Worker - $4.05/hour
Child Care Supervisor - $6.62/hour

-Staff attraction incentives through Alberta Human Services

-You will be eligible for government infant care incentives ($150/child per month) when caring for children 18 months and younger.

-We offer several workshops every year, helping you grow professionally

-Receive interest-free loans for toys and dayhome equipment

-Last but not least, we have friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff to support you!

Apply Here: Online Application Form