These are the enhanced sanitation practices that are being implemented in all Dayhomes:
- Wash hands upon entering the Dayhome (this includes children, consultants, family members, etc.)
- Dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined covered garbage container and then wash hands immediately after
- Disinfect/wipe the following high touch/high traffic surfaces daily or more often as needed, using disinfecting wipes or bleach solution (1 Tbps bleach mixed in 1 litre water), made fresh daily: Kitchen sink and faucets, bathroom sink, faucets, and toilets, fridge, microwave handles, door handles, light switches and handrails, television remotes and phones.
- Reduce the number of toys and materials that are difficult to sanitize
- Increase the number of toys and items that can easily be disinfected
As usual, Educators will continue to:
- Sanitize toys that a child has put in their mouth- immediately after it happens
- Sanitize all other toys weekly
- Sanitize all countertops, table surfaces and high chairs before and after use
- Use separate change pads for each child and sanitize after every use
- Use separate bedding for each child and store each child's bedding separately
- Use individual towels, wash cloths or paper towels for each child
- Wash hands as per Health Canada standards: Wet hands, then add soap. Next, lather, scrub and count to 20. Rinse and dry.
Please contact the agency if you have any questions.