What we Do
Child Development Dayhomes of Alberta is a family dayhome agency that recruits, approves, trains, supports and monitors hundreds of approved family dayhomes in Edmonton and St. Albert. We are an Accredited Dayhome Agency and operate under a contract from Child and Family Services and have strict guidelines that help our dayhome educators offer the best childcare possible.
Pictured on the left: Staff from Edmonton and Fort McMurray attended a Reggio-Inspired conference at Boulder Journey School in June, 2013.
Child Development Dayhomes is proud to share that we have been an Accredited Program through the Alberta Child Care Accreditation Program since 2006. (AELCS) is a Program designed to enable Family Dayhome Agencies to demonstrate how their programs go beyond minimum requirements to meet high standards of care and delivering child care services to parents in their community. Child Development Dayhomes is committed to high quality standards so your child's development can be optimized through quality activities and best practices.
We have been providing quality childcare and "peace of mind" to families and dayhome educators for over 20 years. Our staff’s experience is passed along to each and every dayhome educators through ongoing monthly support, in-home training, guidance and resources.
Why Choose Us
- Unannounced monthly visits from our childcare consultants
- Security clearance and vulnerable sectors checks on all our dayhome educators
- All our dayhome educators have their first aid/CPR certificate
- Daily program planning based on children's interests and abilities
- Workshops for dayhome educators, parents and children
- Nutritional standards based on the Canada Food Guide
- Playroom consultations and "makeovers"
- Daily outdoor activities
- Active member of Alberta Family Child Care Association (AFCCA)
- Strong social media presence with excellent resources
- We are passionate about early learning and child care
- Dayhome educators have access to the Family Childcare Training Home Study Program
- Dayhome educators get individual training plans and goal setting
- Strong customer service and we continually strive towards best practices
Call our office at 780-444-2288 or fill out our short inquiry form and we will email you a list of available dayhomes in your area. We will follow up with you on a monthly basis until you find childcare.